Professional Psychotherapy is one of the methodologies in Applied Psychology, designed to resolve psychological problems, occurring in the childhood, juvenile period, and adulthood. And the department of Professional Psychotherapy at SCU aims at resolving those issues by using the various therapeutic methods, such as Play Therapy, Sandplay Therapy, Cognitive Therapy, Trauma Systems Therapy (TST), Art Therapy and etc. The students from the Department of Professional Psychotherapy can thus learn the psychotherapeutics at the practical level and apply the knowledge in the real therapeutic field with the comprehensive insight and distinguished capabilities.
Moreover, amongst 4-year universities in Korea, it is only SCU that has opened the department of Professional Psychotherapy for undergraduate program. The department offers the students multiple occasions to involve in the clinical situation to help absorb the lecture material in practice. At the same time, the curriculum for the students is also designed to stay close to the clinical practice. Therefore, the students are greatly exposed to the therapeutic experience, which can be very helpful to build up their career.
Special Features & Benefits
- The Only Academic Department for Professional Psychotherapy at Off/online Universities in Korea
- Theoretical Knowledge & Clinical Practice Combined in Curriculum
- Methodology of Problem-based Learning in Lecture Content to Help Students Adapt to Real Life Situation
- Certificate Oriented Lecture Courses to Prepare Students Meet the Qualifications for Job Application (i.e. National Certificate of Youth Counselor, National Certificate of Clinical Psychotherapist, etc.)
- Student Participation at Psychological Counseling Centers of SCU at Seoul, Bundang, Incheon, Daegu
Career Opportunities upon Graduation
- Employment at Psychological Counseling Center, Social Welfare Center, Hospital, etc.
- Extracurricular Teacher at Primary School or School Counselor at Middle and High School
- Employment at Personal Counseling and Therapeutic Care Center
- Social Worker, Nurse, Kindergarten Teacher or Any Supervising Position at Institutions that Concern the Psychological Therapy and Counseling