Scholarship for General Semester
1. Academic Excellence Scholarship
- Scholarship for the Most Distinguished is awarded to the student whose academic record is ranked 1st within the student body of each department.
- Scholarship for the Distinguished is awarded to the student whose academic record from each department is ranked 1st within the student body of the same academic year.
- Scholarship for the Excellent is awarded to the student whose academic record from each department is marked within the upper 6 percent of the student body in the same academic year.
2. Scholarship for Overseas Korean National & Foreign National
- 2.1. Scholarship for an Overseas Korean National & Foreign National
- Entitled to Overseas Koreans and foreign persons who hold the nationalities of Korea and a foreign country, respectively
- 2.2. Scholarship for an Overseas Korean
- Entitled to an Overseas Korean who resides in the countries where partnering universities have signed an MoU with SCU since 2013
- 2.3. Scholarship for the Global Leadership Program
- Awarded to a student admitted to SCU with a high foreign language proficiency test score, since 2011
- The student is required to maintain a minimum of 3.0 GPA for the scholarship.
- 2.4. Scholarship for Completion of Overseas Education
- Awarded to a student who completed the entire secondary education before entering SCU
- 2.5. Scholarship for International Student Exchange Program
- Awarded to a student for an international student exchange program
- The student is nominated by the student committee amongst the group of students with excellent academic records
※ For Scholarships 2.1 – 4, students are required to have a minimum of 3.0 GPA for the immediate preceding semester.
3. Scholarship for Overseas Korean
- Eligible to a North Korean defector who submits their certificate of educational provision, according to the related laws and regulations
- Academic records stating a GPA less than 2.0 for two (2) consecutive semesters will lead to ineligibility for the scholarship.
- Awarded to a North Korean defector, no longer entitled to Scholarship # 7
- The North Korean beneficiary or student is required to have a minimum 2.5 GPA for the immediate preceding semester.
4. Scholarship for Talented Student
- Awarded to the student who has been qualified to be artistically talented in the admission process
- The student is required to maintain the minimum of GPA 3.0 for the immediate previous semester.
- Awarded to the student who has made the contribution to SCU or is expected to become the professional in the various vocational fields
- The nomination of the student is proposed by each department’s chair or the head person of Admission Office and approved by the SCU president
5. Scholarship for Family & Minority Group
- Entitled to a student whose family member(s) has/have already been enrolled in or graduated from SCU
- For scholarship eligibility, family is defined as a nuclear family.
- The student is required to have a minimum GPA of 3.0 for the immediate preceding semester.
- A student with a disability is eligible for scholarship upon admission, but is required to maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5 for scholarship eligibility.
- The student must submit their disability certificate during the admission’s process.
6. Scholarship for Commissioned Education
- Awarded to a student who has received the grant for the commissioned education from a corporation or their district office
- The corporation or district office concerned has signed a cooperation agreement for the commissioned education with SCU.
- A student of commissioned education is classified differently, depending on the year of admission and is required to prove employment at the organization for each academic year while enroll at SCU.
- Military personnel, approved for the commissioned education, is entitled to the scholarship during his or her military service
Scholarships for Intensive Semester
All students are all entitled to this scholarship for their 1st intensive semester, and yet is required to maintain the minimum of GPA 3.0 for scholarship eligibility. The student who has exceeded the maximum year limit at SCU also cannot receive the scholarship.