The department of Architectural Space Design has set its priority on the aesthetic beauty as well as the practicality of the architecture. As the issue of aestheticism is prevalent in the architecture and other cultural areas, the department is integrating art, design, culture into the theme of architecture. To follow up with the latest trends in the architecture, the regular field trips are incorporated as a part of curriculum. During the field trip, the professor and students can visit many architectural sites in different regions, including Seoul, Gwangju and Busan.
The curriculum for students can be divided into two different tracks of exterior and interior architectures. However, students are most likely to study the architecture beyond the spatial distinction and can improvise the concept of spatial ambiguity in the overall architectural field. Even so, some courses, such as Interior Design, Furniture and Lighting Design can be weighted upon the interior architecture, while, for instance, the courses on Building Structural Analysis, and Construction & Materials may have more relevance towards the exterior architecture.
Special Features & Benefits
- Career Path Advising: One-to-One Consultation for Students who May Apply for Graduate Schools, Personal Guidance for Management of Portfolios and Academic Credits
- Studio Class (Offline Class): Students’ Visit at the Offline Lecture Room or Studio to Learn the Basics of Architectural Drawing and Making of Architectural Model
- Job Oriented Certificate Curriculum: Education to Help Prepare Student to Receive the Certificates on Architectural Work Positions (Architect, Architectural Designer, Architectural Engineer, Construction Safety Engineer, etc.)
Career Opportunities upon Graduation
- Multimedia Technician, Visual Designer, Colorist, Multimedia Content Producer, Game Graphic Professional, Game Planning, Professional, Adobe ACS Certificate, Computer Graphics Operator, Web Designer, E-Learning Instructor (first & second grade)
- Work Position at Architectural Construction & Design Office, Interior Design Office, etc.
- Work Position at Korea Land and Geospatial InformatiX Corporation, Metro Corporation, Korea Expressway Corporation, etc.
- Application to Graduate School in Korea and Overseas