1. Project Background
- Korea-ASEAN Special Summit in Jeju island (’09.6.1.~2.)
- The former Secretary-General of ASEAN, Surin Pitsuwan proposed at the summit that with the state-of-art IT technology of Korea, the cyber university could be established to help foster the training program on economy, finance and other business areas.
- 13th Korea-ASEAN Summit in Hanoi, Vietnam (’10.10.29.)
- The former President of Korea, Myung-bak Lee stated that the proposition of the former Secretary-General of ASEAN, Surin Pitsuwan was well received and being implemented with hope of more cooperation between Korea and ASEAN countries.
- The former Prime Minister of Thailand, Abhisit Vejjajiva expressed his support on ongoing effort from Korea and ASEAN countries to establish the cyber university.
- Commencement of ASEAN Cyber University Project & Nomination of Cooperative Institute
- In 2011, it was discussed at a concrete level that e-learning capacity building projects should be further implemented to improve the e-learning centers located in universities from CLMV(Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Vietnam) whose infrastructures for e-learning were built as a part of KOICA project.
- In 2012, Seoul Cyber University was nominated as the Secretariat of ASEAN Cyber University Project to enhance the e-learning capacities of the universities from CLMV.
2. Project Outline
- Mutual Growth & Development of Korea and ASEAN Countries with Cooperation on Online Higher Education
- Exchange of Educational Resources in the Network of Korea-ASEAN Higher Education
- Proliferation of E-learning from the Universities of CLMV to ASEAN Countries
- Development of Case Study from Construction and Utilization of Open Educational Resources(OER)
|ACU Project Committee (2012)||
|Project Development (2013)||
|Project Activation (2014)||