Rapid diffusion of digital system and Internet brought about the aged of Information Revolution allowing exchanges of information with anyone breaking the barriers of time and space.
Today, IT opens the age of IoT (Internet of Things) allowing exchange of various sensor data not only among people but also among things. In addition to IoT, the technology development in Artificial Intelligence, Smart energy and robots is receiving the age of the Fourth Industrial Revolution.
Since the age of the Fourth Industrial Revolution is expected to have increased infinite technology competition at the global level, it is indispensable to foster qualified Electrical and Electronic engineers with creativity and innovation.
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering provides education based on theory and practice regarding electrical engineering, electronic engineering, communication technology and information technology with a view to fostering convergence-oriented professionals leading in the cutting-edge IT in the age of the Fourth Industrial Revolution. Furthermore, we foster future IT specialists through education preparing for domestic and overseas certificates to immediately respond to the rapidly changing IT onsite areas in the middle of infinite technology competitions, as well as through continuation of study at Graduate School.
Special Features & Benefits
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering is carrying out user-centered technology professional education along with the advanced IT required for the age of the Fourth Industrial Revolution. Our educational objectives consist in fostering IT specialists such as electrical engineering professionals, electronic engineering professionals, communication technology professionals and information technology professionals. Furthermore, we aim to nurture future professional engineers not only through practical education for reinforcing strong adaptability to changes of advanced technology in the IT industrial sites but also acquirement of varied certificates and continuation of studies at Graduate School.
Fostering future-oriented computer technology specialists contributing to the state and human society
- Fostering convergence specialists leading in cutting-edge IT in the age of the Fourth Industrial Revolution
- Fostering comprehensive specialists responsible for creative IT of the knowledge-based society
- Fostering of specialists in global IT with cultural knowledge
Career Opportunities upon Graduation
- Continuation of study at Graduate School: General Graduate School, Special Graduate School
- IT specialists: Electrical engineering specialist, electronic engineering specialist, IT solution developer, Information and Communication specialist, electrical system design specialist, digital system design specialist, electrical & electronic engineering consultant
- IT area employment: Public official in national technical post, governmental institutions (Korea Electric Power Corporation, Korea Electrotechnology Research Institute, Korea Electronics Technology Institute, ETRI), companies related to electricity and electronics, companies of information & communication (KT, SKT, LGT), companies related to information system, companies related to electrical system, Internet-related companies, information network system management companies, start-up of venture companies