The department of Applied Music at Seoul Cyber University (SCU) is newly established at the academic year of 2018 to provide the theoretical knowledge and the professional training for students to become the experts on the contemporary music and culture.
The department offers both online and offline curricula for the various musical instruments and help students tap into the world of Electronic Dance Music (EDM), Jazz, and Incidental Music. The Faculty members at the department are involved both in the academic research and the field of musical performance. During the one-to-one consultation session with the professor, students at the department can receive the practical knowledge and training, which are relevant to their future careers as musicians. Moreover, the department holds special lectures with the prestigious musician in and outside of Korea to broaden the learning experience for students.
At the department of Applied Music, students can get access to the best education for the applied music in whichever place or time that suits them.
Special Features & Benefits
Systematical Curriculum to Provide the Theoretical Knowledge and Professional Training of Applied Music
Nurturing the Contemporary Music Specialist to Plan and Conduct the Musical Production
Nurturing the Professional Musicians with the Performance Practices
Nurturing the Businessperson of the Musical Enterprise with the Practical Knowledge in the Music and Art Entertainment
Nurturing the Teachers of Music, Art and Culture by Specialized Curriculum
Certificate Program for the Specialist of the Following Areas
- Musical Therapist
- Musical and Psychological Counselor
- Teacher of Applied Music
- Piano Tuner
- Sequencing Programmer
Career Opportunities upon Graduation
- Musical Composer and Editor: Contemporary Music, Incidental Music (Film, Drama, etc.),
- Musical Specialist: Musical Commentator, Music Teacher, Musical Therapist
- Professional Musician: Musician, Singer Songwriter, Disk Jockey (DJ)
- Musical Engineer: Broadcasting Engineer, Audio Director at Musical Performance, Mixing/Mastering Engineer
- Musical Business: Managing Position at Music and Entertainment Business, Musical Performance Programmer